We supply a full range of steel conduit (RMC, IMC and EMT) that offers superior physical protection for electrical conductors, is recognized as an equipment grounding conductor by the NEC® and acts as an effective shield against electrical magnetic interference (EMI). All three products are available in 10-foot lengths. Many trade sizes of RMC and EMT are also available in 5-ft and 20-ft. lengths, which helps speed installation, and reduce costs.
Wheatland also supplies Rigid Aluminum Conduit (RAC), which provides: extra protection in most corrosive and industrial atmospheres, ease of installation, reduced maintenance costs and a bright, attractive appearance.
To complement our conduit, we carry a full line of elbows, couplings, nipples, and running thread pipe.
Rigid Metal Conduit (RMC) Wheatland’s Rigid Metal Conduit (RMC) is recognized by the industry as providing the most physical protection for conductors and cables. RMC has the thickest wall of all the metallic raceways, is hot-dipped galvanized inside and out to offer long-lasting value and exceptional physical protection, and can be readily cut, bent, or threaded on the job, making it indispensable for all large-size conduit installations. Rolled and galvanized using the latest technology, our RMC has an accurate circular cross section, a uniform wall thickness, a defect-free interior surface, and a continuous welded seam that will get the job done right.
Wheatland’s FasTrak™ Plus EMT is produced on our state-of-the-art ERW mills, using the latest technology to ensure the highest quality. We apply a proprietary-slick, smooth-ID coating to our EMT to drive superior wire pull performance. The light wall EMT has exceptional mechanical properties that provide for easy hand bending on small sizes while delivering a smooth bend on intermediate and larger sizes. Whether you use our 10-foot or 20-foot lengths, you can save installation time and money with our FasTrak™ Plus EMT
Elbows, Couplings & Nipples
Wheatland’s elbows, couplings, and nipples are the perfect complements to our electrical conduit. Made from the same materials as our Conduits, our Steel Elbows and Nipples are produced in-house with our specialized hot-dip and in-line galvanizing processes that sets the quality benchmark for the industry. Our Couplings are electro-plated. Using the latest technology and equipment, our elbows, couplings, and nipples will ensure a complete quality system for your raceways, from start to finish.
Rigid Aluminum Conduit (RAC)
Wheatland’s Rigid Aluminum Conduit (RAC) provides ease-of-field fabrication and reduced maintenance costs for installations using large-size conduit. One-third the weight of our steel RMC and with a bright, attractive appearance, our RAC provides extra protection in most corrosive and industrial environments. Wheatland’s RAC is non-sparking, nonmagnetic, and can be readily cut, bent, or threaded on the job, making it indispensable for all large-size conduit installations.
Intermediate Metal Conduit (IMC)
Wheatland’s Intermediate Metal Conduit (IMC) is a lighter-weight alternative to our RMC. Our IMC weighs approximately 33% less than Rigid Metal Conduit while delivering exceptional physical protection for cables and conductors, reducing exposure to EMF, shielding against EMI, and providing an excellent electrical path to ground. Recognized as an equipment grounding conductor by the NEC(r), our IMC will help speed installation and reduce costs.
Fire Sprinkler Pipe
Wheatland offers the most complete line of 100% steel fire sprinkler products in the industry—all guaranteed 100% compatible with all steel pipe systems.
Coating options including state-of-the-art hot-dip galvanizing and proprietary mill coatings set the standard for exterior corrosion and heat resistance, and extend shelf life.
With the industry’s shortest production cycle times, accurate on-time deliveries are assured. Wheatland is the dependable choice for demanding engineers and contractors.
Schedule 10 and Schedule 40: High Quality, High Performance
- Proprietary mill coatings for a clean, corrosion-resistant surface
- Outperforms and outlasts standard lacquer-coated pipe
- Easily painted without special preparation
- Available with hot-dip galvanizing
Mega-Flow and Mega-Thread: Greater Hydraulics, Greater Value
- Mega-Flow saves freight, labor and installation costs compared to Schedule 10 and Schedule 40 pipe; available in standard and custom lengths
- Mega-Thread saves costs in threadable applications with superior flow characteristics; uses screwed, grooved, plain-end fittings or welded
GL Galvanized, Light Wall, Threadable: Ideal for Exposed, Open Areas
- A nominal OD for improved hydraulics and exceptional value
- For branch line use in wet, dry, preaction or deluge systems
- Comparable mechanical strength to Schedule 40 pipe
- Paintable, galvanized exterior
MLT Black, Light Wall, Threadable: A Smooth Customized Look
- A nominal OD and reduced wall thickness for improved hydraulics
- For previously installed systems and expansions
- For use in wet, dry, preaction and deluge systems
- As strong as Schedule 40 pipe but easier and safer to weld
WLS Schedule 30 Light Wall: A Faster Alternative to Schedule 40
- A threadable, light wall steel pipe approved for working pressures up to 300 psi
- Black or hot-dip galvanized finish
- Approved for dry system applications when hot-dip galvanized
- In standard 21′ or 25′ lengths plus custom lengths
WST Light Wall Schedule 5: Use with Victaulic® PRESSFIT™
- UL and C-UL Listed and FM Approved for Victaulic PRESSFIT press type fittings, standard roll groove and welded joining methods
- Galvanized exterior finish for extended service life, high corrosion resistance ratios
- Large ID for better hydraulics and downsizing tubing requirements
Wheatland Tube, a division of JMC Steel Group, is back in the mechanical tube market. After exiting the business in 2008, we’ve implemented significant organizational changes that have renewed and galvanized our commitment to servicing the mechanical market.
Wheatland Tube’s mechanical tubing is produced using our in-house galvanizing process, and made to ASTM A513 Type 1 and A500 specifications. It is triple-coated using a zinc alloy, followed by a conversion coating and a clear polymer that seals the tube and provides a bright, long-lasting shine. The precision, toughness, and long-lasting protection of our mechanical tubing make it ideal for flattened, formed, or machined parts and for uses that require superior surface finish and precise dimensions. When you have a more demanding application that requires extra protection, specify Wheatland’s SURcoat or ThunderCoat™ mechanical tubing. Wheatland’s tube and in-line galvanizing process stand up to the competition.
Applications for Wheatland’s mechanical tubing include playgrounds and recreational equipment, farm equipment, conveyors, solar racking structures, horse trailers, and sheds, among others.
Experience the Wheatland Difference:
- Exceptional customer service
- Cost efficiencies with dependable lead times
- Innovative coatings for 100% corrosion protection on both the OD and ID
- Made-to-order production
- 100% Made & Melted in America – guaranteed!
Wheatland is committed to delivering only the best products and we will stop at nothing to exceed your expectations.
Oil & Gas
Wheatland produces 2 types of tubular products used in Energy applications:
- OCTG (Oil Country Tubular Goods) – Products manufactured include Casing & Tubing manufactured to API J55 & proprietary specifications. Size range includes 1.900 through 5.500 OD.
- Line Pipe – Products are manufactured to API 5L specifications in grades A25 through X52. Size range includes ½” NPS through 6” NPS.
Quality Assurance – Wheatland facilities producing Energy Products are licensed with API‐5CT and API 5L and are ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Standard Steel Pipe
Wheatland Tube is known as a leader in the standard pipe industry. Producing tube and pipe since 1931, our reputation for quality and durability is unmatched. We are the only full-line producer of A53 continuous welded (CW) – up to 4″ – and electric resistance weld (ERW) – ¼” to 12″ – pipe in North America, and we set the standards worldwide for hot dip galvanized products. In addition, we stock ⅛” to 12″ pipe sizes in a variety of ASTM standards. More than 350 different combinations of finish, end treatments, and length are offered on our standard pipe. Moreover, we are strategically located and carry a large inventory so we can ship quickly to satisfy your delivery schedules and needs.