Premium Quality Multi-wall Polycarbonate Roofing Sheet
For more than 20 years, we have been producing and improving Twinlite®, the premium multi-wall polycarbonate sheet, with the most advanced and proven technology to date. Twinlite® polycarbonate sheet is an ideal combination of lightweight and excellent impact resistance.
Twinlite®gives you peace of mind when entertaining outdoors. Twinlite® is manufactured using the latest co-extrusion UV resistant technology.
Twinlite® polycarbonate sheet offers superior clarity, durability, unmatched design flexibility and structural integrity that surpass other glazing material, Twinlite® is the right choice for almost any demanding glazing application.
Twinlite® double/triple wall feature makes it an excellent thermal insulation that will help save your air conditioning and heating cost. It provides more uniform temperatures throughout the space, hence producing more comfortable occupant environment.
With its superior performance and so many advantages beyond many kinds of roofing sheet, you have the right reason to choose Twinlite®.
To meet your architectural need, Twinlite® comes with selected beautiful colors: Cool Grey, Cool Green, Cool Blue, Cool Bronze, Silver Millenium, Opal, Tosca and Clear.
|Cool Grey||Cool Green||Cool Blue||Cool Bronze|
- Reduce heat without sacrificing light transmission
- Absorbs almost 100% of sunlight UV radiation
- Natural lighting, electricity and energy saving
- 250 times stronger than glass and 20 times stronger than acrylic
- Very light, very strong and virtually unbreakable
- Withstand temperature changes from -20°C to 120°C
- Transparent roofing for shopping centers, bus/train terminals & sports halls
- Billboard displays, signage
- Pool enclosures
- Heat or sound insulation panels
- Canopies, gazebos, pergolas, carports
Light and Heat Transmission
|Color||Light Transmission||Heat Transmission|
Above data applies for Twinlite 6mm only
*Available in triplewall, X structure
This page provides the basic information on the installation of TwinLite®. Please read and follow the installation’s instruction carefully before starting. For more detail information, please refer to Twinlite® manual installation book.
- Always install TwinLite® sheets with Ultra Violet (UV) protected surface facing the sun. Ensure that the labeled side of the sheet is identified before installation.
- Please ensure to remove the masking film from TwinLite® sheets after installation to prevent the masking film sticking to the sheet due to the heat exposure from sunlight.
|CAUTION: misplacing the UV side will void the warranty of the sheet.|
Cutting the Sheet
Metal shears, a fine tooth saw, a circular saw with fine pitch blade. However in cutting phase, it would be better to use a cutter. Lay this sheet on a flat surface and care should also be taken to avoid scratching the sheets when handling.
|Figure: Cutting the Sheet using a Cutter|
TwinLite® sheets are installed with rust proof fasteners and weather seals for each bar structures. Holes should be drilled at the range of 2 mm from the diameter of fasteners as this allows for thermal expansion during noontime and contraction at night. The number of fasteners used should be in accordance with the specification of the profile being used.
|Figure: Screw Button Installation|
Sealing the open-ended channels is very important since moisture build-up and dust contamination inside the channels can be a major problem.
- Seal the top end channels with an impermeable tape, while bottom end channels sealed with a perforated filter tape.
- Additional `U’ profile covering perforated bottom tape
- Care should be taken to provide a clearance between both sheet edges and sash platform to allow for condensation drainage.
|Figure: Installation of U Profile|
Joining the Sheets
|Using H Polycarbonate Profile
You can use H profile made of polycarbonate sheet or aluminium.
|Using Aluminum Profile|
Neoprene, TPE, or EPDM rubbers with an approximate shore hardness of A65 are recommended for their compatibility.
NEVER USE PVC gaskets. PVC is incompatible with polycarbonate, and will harm the panel. Damage caused by this will nullify the warranty.
Prior to using sealant, please ensure their chemical compatibility with polycarbonate.
Positioning the Sheets
Prior to using sealant, please ensure their chemical compatibility with polycarbonate.TwinLite® sheets should be installed with the rib in the direction of the slope (flat), vertical (partition), or following the direction of the arched rafters (dome). This position reduces accumulation of dirt inside the sheet and ease gravity drainage of condensation moisture.
For the sheets installed in the clamped, horizontal position, (Roofs, overhead skylight), a minimum slope of 5 percent is recommended. Steeper slope offer better rainwater drainage and self cleaning, and lessen the risk of water and dirt filtration through the connectors and fastening screw. They also help to diminish the visual effect of sheet deflection due to the loads.
The following is the recommended the sheet’s radius of arched storage and installation.
Table & Figure: Recommended Radius of Arched Storage & Installation
Should cleaning be required, simply wet the sheet with water, use a mild household detergent, a soft clean cloth or soft sponges, then hose off.
Only use regular non-alkaline soaps.
CAUTION: Please avoid the usage of thinner, gasoline or strong acids